We are a charitable organisation (Reg: W653003173) established to support the well-being of domestic animals – notably dogs and cats. We raise and distribute funds for specific targeted projects, as well as providing help and support to animal shelters. Our primary focus is Departments 65 (Hautes Pyrenées) and 32 (Gers), although we do stretch beyond as the need or opportunity arises. For example, we have fosterers in 31, 64, 11 and 46 - and have had dogs and cats adopted in many other Departments too, not to mention to the UK.
How are we different?
- We are a hub, brokering collaborative services for the welfare of domestic animals.
- We offer a range of welfare services that complement and enhance the work of animal shelters.
- We raise and direct funds for identified projects and purposes.
- We ensure that monies collected go direct to the service provider.
- We are responsive to specific needs.
We always try to provide a professional, thoughtful and sensitive service. Our community of volunteers and helpers come together as a highly effective and motivated team. We use our wide network of contacts throughout France and farther afield to match each animal with the right home.
We are not a refuge; we work closely with different refuges in the area to provide them with specific support. In addition to helping unwanted dogs and cats find permanent homes, we also have targeted projects negotiated between ourselves and the refuge concerned. We have teams of walkers who regularly walk refuge dogs; we collect blankets etc to help keep dogs and cats warm during winter.
What do we do?
Examples of fund-raising projects are:
- Helping with sterilisation programmes
- Paying for urgent veterinary interventions
- Providing essential treatments to keep refuge animals healthy (tick, worm, flea treatments)
- Providing essential equipment and supplies (food, bedding, cages, toys etc.)
- Undertaking renovations or maintenance projects of kennelling facilities
Examples of our volunteering programme:
- Short-term post-operative/sterilisation fostering
- Fostering for socialisation purposes
- Join one of our dog-walking teams
- Fostering older dogs/cats unlikely to be adopted
- Providing grooming/bathing for medical reasons or to aid adoption chances
- Helping with home-checks and transportation
- Promoting our dogs for adoption and profile-raising at events