All about RESERVED: JACQUES
Chip No: 250269802864883
BREED: Sharpei X
DOB: 1 January 2018 (vet estimate)
VACCINATED : YES PASSPORT – to be done
STERILISED : to be done prior to adoption
DEPARASITE : YES
OK CHILDREN : UNTESTED – therefore older children recommended
OK DOGS : Females fine – males untested
OK CATS : UNTESTED
OK POULTRY : UNTESTED
OK LIVESTOCK : UNTESTED
SIZE : 20 kg
Spread the word
JACQUES is one of those dogs who was seen being let out of a car and the car driving off. He was traumatized – not surprisingly – and difficult to catch for the first few days. Eventually he realized that he would be better off in a home and chose a family who have already fostered for us. Wise move!
From the start JACQUES showed that he was well used to home living. Of course no-one knew his name, but he quickly learned his given name. He has been consistently clean in the house and shown himself well used to being handled. He just joined easily into the family routine and proved that he is intelligent, calm, loving and eager to please.
He was however extremely thin, in poor condition, and obviously very hungry. This resulted in him being anxious around food, eating very quickly – in fact so quickly it is not good for him. Learning about foraging for his food, together with a ‘slow eating’ bowl has changed this. He now sits and waits patiently before being given his meals. He also takes food treats very gently. His coat has dramatically improved and he has put on weight – quite a transformation.
It is rare that we get a fosterer assessment that ticks all the boxes after such a relatively short time but this boy does in terms of his general behaviour. It is quite an impressive list and one we share here. JACQUES :
- Travels well in a car (no barking or sickness)
- Accepts having ears, eye, mouth, and paws checked
- Can be checked by a vet with no difficulty
- Is comfortable in crowded areas on the lead
- Sits patiently in a café or restaurant
- Can be left alone in the house – and is used to a crate
- Can be left alone in a car (by this we mean in appropriate weather of course)
- Knows how to Sit, Down, Wait, Stay and Leave on command
- Has a good recall when called or whistled both in the house and outside off lead
- Walks well on a lead without undue pulling
- Gives up his toys when playing
All in all he is a well-balanced dog. He is still a young dog (his date of birth is of course a vet estimate) so there’s a lot more potential for this charming lad to learn and develop further.
We have been unable to complete his vaccination programme and sterilisation due to the current coronavirus lock down. This will be done as soon as possible.
We would be looking for a forever home that is interested in allowing JACQUES to be an integral part of their family and giving him the opportunity to continue to learn through play. He is an active, very quiet and gentle boy and not over-demanding.
JACQUES is currently fostered in Department 24 (Dordogne) but will be available for adoption anywhere in France subject to a successful home check. If you would like to know more about JACQUES, have the opportunity to meet him either virtually or in reality, you can:
- click on the enquiry button if you are on the web page,
- send a message from our Foster/Adoptions page https://www.facebook.com/LesAmisinFrance/
- or write to email@example.com.