JAZZ – LOYAL AND DEVOTED COMPANION
All about JAZZ – LOYAL AND DEVOTED COMPANION
CHIP NO: 250269606369183
DATE OF BIRTH: 19 OCTOBER 2014
BREED TYPE: Lab x Irish Setter
VACCINATED: YES with Passport
OK DOGS: YES
OK CATS: UNKNOWN
OK CHILDREN: UNKNOWN but no reason to doubt
Spread the word
UPDATE: JAZZ is now in his foster home – and so we open a whole new chapter to his life.
Please meet JAZZ who through no fault of his own – other than his size – is looking for a new home after 6 years with his current family.
It’s a sad story of “no longer a match” – when we talk about “Is the dog right for the family, is the family right for the dog?” Sadly JAZZ’s Mum had a severe stroke and although in recovery she’s not so steady on her pins and needs her husband’s support when walking. She has no strength in her arms. JAZZ can be somewhat strong on the lead (he’s a big lad!) and his Dad who is suffering an injured shoulder as well as supporting his wife is just finding it all too much hard work. And so they are in the sad position of seeing if a more suitable home for Jazz can be found where he can enjoy the two long walks a day he is used to.
From JAZZ’s point of view the domestic situation he knew and was very settled in has changed dramatically, including his Mum being frightened of him in case he were to cause her to fall. This he has found distressing.
JAZZ is a rescue who has been with them for six years. This is what we know:
- He has all the makings of a good, companion dog – all basic commands covered, clean in the home, travels well, can be left.
- He has been used to being their constant companion – so camper life is known to him. He’s not keen on busy campsites where there’s a lot of movement and this has been exacerbated since his Mum’s stroke in late 2021. By the same token, he is very happy in town – cafe/restaurant/promenade – environments – so a well travelled lad.
- He has been dearly loved since he was taken six years ago from a refuge, has undergone some training and responds well.
- He is in very good health – perhaps a little on the large side since exercise needed has reduced – for his 8 years (9 in October)
- He is described as a very loving dog, affectionate and easy-going though nervous and fearful in some circumstances, non-dominant which augurs well for going into a household with more than one dog.
It is urgent to find either a permanent home or a foster home for JAZZ simply to give him the life his owner wants him to have and to ease their burden. He currently lives Department 16 (Charente).
If you think you can help JAZZ – or feel you could offer him the stepping stone he needs to his hopefully final forever family, please complete the online form linked on this page, or if you are known to us already, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org